Despite the cold and the rain, lots of people came out to enjoy late night shopping and festive cheer in Loddon and Chedgrave on December 7th. The church was full to bursting and many shops along the High Street and Bridge Street were packed with people all night, particularly Loddon Mill Arts, Envy hairdressers, Loddon Nearly New, Loddon Garden & Seed Centre, Youngs Funeral Directors, Lawnes Beauty Clinic and Musker McIntyre.
We’ve had lots of messages of thanks and this one from Patrick Wright of Langley summed up their views.
Having just found your website, I really had to say thank you for the superb Victorian Evening.
It really was lovely, with a fantastic atmosphere. Everybody made me feel most welcome, but I must single out Youngs Funeral Directors for particular praise. They laid on a wonderful spread, and served it with real old-fashioned courtesy and professionalism which are, of course, the hallmarks of their business.
I sincerely hope that the businesses who took part in this splendid occasion really benefit from it in these difficult times. They did Loddon proud.
Managing the evening was a lot of work for the LDBA committee responsible and we are all very grateful for their hard work. A big thank you to:
- 18 of our neighbours for acting as stewards all night
- Autotel for the free loan of 14 radios
- the Library for remaining open all evening as a base for the stewards
- youngsters at our local schools & nurseries for the fabulous Bells…and to those who decorated small bells
- Hobart School and the Surgery for additional free parking
- all the Households & Traders who made such amazing efforts to light up their houses and businesses
- Panel Graphics who donated the Trophies which will be presented annually
- everyone who voted