Between June 2nd and 5th 2012, the LDBA held a Royal Scarecrow Festival in Loddon and Chedgrave to celebrate the Diamond Jubilee. The results of the Scarecrow Festival were decided by members of the public and were as follows:
- Favourite Scarecrow The Royal Picnic by Irene Gross and the residents of Wherry Close
- Most original Scarecrow King Edward Potato by Caroline Dwen at Church Plain Stores
- Scarecrow I’d like to see come to life The Queen at Sandringham by Lindy at 1 Beck Way, Loddon
These three groups of scarecrows won a “By Appointment” platter of goodies with a label saying “Live like royalty”. The platter included By Appointment jam, biscuits, chocolate, toothpaste, bubblebath and money off vouchers for Hair4U, Wards, Select Meats and Loddon Nearly New Shop.
There were two prizes for children, chosen by Violet (?):-
- Brooke, Declan and Ronan Williams from Chedgrave won a jar of sweets for their royal trio of Princes William & Harry & Catherine
- The Loddon Brownies won a £10 WH Smith voucher for their splendid royal corgi ridden by the Queen.
The Festival raised a total of £185 which will has been donated to the fund for the new tourist information signs in the village.